The holiday season is upon us. Are you looking for some gift-giving inspiration? The Non-GMO Project team would like to share a few of their favorite things to get you started.
Happy holidays to all!
If someone on your list has a green thumb, check out the Non-GMO Project Verified seed company Botanical Interests. You can choose from their themed seed sets (Heirloom Tomato Seed Collection? Yes, please!) or build your own selection. Botanical Interests also sells gardening supplies and beautiful floral art options, such as note cards, tote bags and desk calendars.
Shopping for a voracious reader? These beautifully-written tomes offer food for thought:
- In Winter's Kitchen: Growing Roots and Breaking Bread in the Northern Heartland. Beth Dooley's deeply personal book is part memoir, part culinary history and part recipe collection. Dooley used her relocation to Minnesota to explore the tastes, smells, textures, stories and relationships that come to us through food and place.
- What Your Food Ate: How to Restore Our Land and Reclaim Our Health. For decades, the industrial food system has depleted the nutrients held in our food and soil. David R. Montgomery and Anne Biklé explore regenerative agriculture's potential to nourish and heal while asking the crucial question: Is it too late to change course?
- Black Earth Wisdom: Soulful Conversations by Black Environmentalists. Soul Fire Farm co-founder Leah Penniman assembled this anthology of essays and interviews with Black environmentalists, thinkers and leaders. Penniman is herself a powerful and illuminating communicator whose work is both fundamental and revolutionary.
The holidays are the perfect time to give the kinds of delicacies that gourmets and gourmands might not get for themselves. Search the Non-GMO Project product listings, or go for one of our favorites, such as:
- Truly excellent chocolate is more than a feast for the senses (though it's that too). The best chocolate companies take responsibility for sourcing, working toward fair compensation for cacao farmers in the Global South. Bars and gift boxes from Chocolove are Non-GMO Project Verified, Rainforest Alliance and Fair Trade Certified. Chocolove even makes no-sugar-added options.
- Manukora offers the highest quality manuka honey, which is considered one of the best kinds of honey in the world. This New Zealand treasure is dark in color, uniquely flavorful and remarkably rich in antioxidants. Its potential health benefits include immune support, healthier aging and increased energy.
- The Graza Mitt Kit combines a set of "Sizzle" & "Drizzle" Extra Virgin Olive Oil with a pair of the most delightful oven mitts you've ever seen. Graza offers two distinct Non-GMO Project Verified olive oil formulations. "Drizzle" is a finishing oil, with a bold flavor and high in antioxidants, perfect for dipping bread or splashing on salads or sandwiches. "Sizzle" is made from mature olives, has a milder flavor and higher smoke point, making it suitable for cooking.
The Non-GMO Project team wishes you the happiest of holiday seasons!