Accredited Labs and Resources
The labs listed below comply with the requirements set forth in the Non-GMO Project Standard. As such, the following labs perform PCR testing and are ISO 17025 accredited for tests relevant to the Standard. However, it is the responsibility of the Participant to determine whether the lab performs the specific ISO 17025 accredited tests needed for verification of a given product. (For example, some labs are ISO 17025 accredited for PCR testing of corn but not soy, or are accredited for some corn events but not others. The Project’s technical consultants, FoodChain Global Advisors, can help you assess the appropriateness of a given lab for your specific needs.)
1. Laboratories may or may not provide accredited tests for all GM risk crop species.
2. The Participant is responsible for ensuring they order only accredited tests from their laboratory of choice and that those tests comply with the NGP Standard.
Eurofins GeneScan, Inc.
2135 N. Causeway Blvd., Suite 200
Metairie, LA 70001
Contact: Frank Spiegelhalter, Executive Vice President
Eurofins Genescan GmbH (Freiburg, Germany)
79108 Freiburg, Germany
Contact: Maria Möhrle, Customer Service Manager
Full scope of services
Genetic ID NA, Inc.
504 N. 4th St.
Fairfield, IA 52556
Contact: Heather Secrist, CEO
*Genetic ID offers a 10% discount to all Non-GMO Project Participants
Genetic ID (Europe) AG
Am Mittleren Moos 48
Contact: Bill Thompson, CEO
Tel: +49 821 74776-41
Mobile: +49 176 1017 5341
Fax: +49 821 74776-39
Qualitative and Quantitative PCR testing for soy only
Contact:Dr. Gabi Muecher
5941 Optical Court
San Jose, CA 95138
Contact: Padma Kastury, Managing Director
Hai Kang Life Corporation Ltd.
8/F, Hang Tung Resources Centre
18 A-Kung Ngam Village Rd.
Shau Kei Wan, Hong Kong SAR
Tel: (852) 2111-2123
Fax: (852) 2111-9762
Block A, Building 3, 1 Disheng Street North
Beijing Economic Technological Development Area
Beijing 100176 P.R. China
Tel: (86) 10-5802-2828
Fax: (86) 10-5802-2500
Contact: Ms. Otata Li, Marketing and Project Development Manager
OMIC USA Inc.
3344 NW Industrial St.
Portland, OR 97210
Contact: Chong Sinsit, DNA Laboratory Manager
SGS – Brookings
236 32nd Ave.
Brookings, SD 57006
Contact: Heather Waxdahl
SGS India Pvt. Ltd.
Contact: Pramod K Saxena
Tel: +91 124 6776467
Applying for Approval and listing
If you believe your lab is compliant with the requirements of the Non-GMO Project Standard and are interested in being included in this online listing, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A copy of your ISO 17025 accreditation certificate.
- A list of events relevant to the Non-GMO Project Standard for which you are accredited to test (please indicate where in the scope of your accreditation certificate these tests are listed, if not immediately obvious)
- Whether you are using Real Time PCR or End Point PCR for GMO analysis, and whether you perform quantitative testing.
- Date of certification renewal (it is your responsibility to keep a current certificate on file with us or we will remove you from our listing.
- Sample PCR test results (quantitative and qualitative) for each crop species, for samples that have sufficient DNA for quantification and for samples that don’t (such as oil).
- Guidance on how to read/interpret your test results to determine compliance with the Non-GMO Project Standard.
- Written acknowledgement from your laboratory that you will use the Non-GMO Project’s Testing Guidelines and Real Time PCR Test Tables (Non-GMO Project Real-Time PCR Test Table for Quantitative Analysis and Non-GMO Project Real-Time PCR Test Table for Qualitative Analysis) and for guidance on what tests to run for Non-GMO Project clients.
- A copy of the most recent ring trial results (GIPSA or other recognized trade association), with your laboratory’s results clearly marked/highlighted.