Accredited Labs and Resources
The labs listed below comply with the requirements set forth in the Non-GMO Project Standard. As such, the following labs perform PCR testing and are ISO 17025 accredited for tests relevant to the Standard. However, it is the responsibility of the Participant to determine whether the lab performs the specific ISO 17025 accredited tests needed for verification of a given product. (For example, some labs are ISO 17025 accredited for PCR testing of corn but not soy, or are accredited for some corn events but not others. The Project’s technical administrators can help you assess the appropriateness of a given lab for your specific needs.)
1. Laboratories may or may not provide accredited tests for all GM risk crop species.
2. The Participant is responsible for ensuring they order only accredited tests from their laboratory of choice and that those tests comply with the NGP Standard.
Eurofins GeneScan, Inc.
2219 Lakeshore Drive, Suite 400
New Orleans, LA 70122
Contact: Frank Spiegelhalter, Executive Vice President
Eurofins Genescan GmbH (Freiburg, Germany)
79108 Freiburg, Germany
Contact: Maria Möhrle, Customer Service Manager
Genetic ID NA, Inc.
504 N. 4th St.
Fairfield, IA 52556
Contact: Heather Secrist, CEO
*Genetic ID offers a 10% discount to all Non-GMO Project Participants
Genetic ID (Europe) GmbH
Am Mittleren Moos 48
Contact: Dr. Gabi Muecher
5941 Optical Court
San Jose, CA 95138
Contact: Padma Kastury, Managing Director
lifeprint GmbH DNA Analysis
+49 (0) 7303 – 951 95- 0
+49 (0) 7303 – 951 95- 55
3344 NW Industrial St.
Portland, OR 97210
www.omicusa.comContact: Chong Sinsit, DNA Laboratory Manager
SGS India Pvt. Ltd.
201, Sumel II
SG Highway, Near Gurudwara
Contact: Joseph Lopez
Tel: +91 8861208289
UL Consumer Products
85 John Road
Canton, MA 02021
Applying for Approval and Listing
If your laboratory is accredited to ISO 17025 for GMO testing, and if you are interested in applying for your laboratory to be approved for Non-GMO Project testing purposes, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- A copy of your current ISO 17025 certificate of accreditation.
- A copy of your current ISO 17025 scope of accreditation.
- Date of accreditation certificate renewal. It is your responsibility to keep your current certificate of accreditation and scope of accreditation on file with us or we will remove you from our listing.
- For each High-Risk crop species, a list of the tests that you provide that target all commercialized GM events for the crop species. Please indicate where in the scope of your accreditation certificate these tests are listed, if not immediately obvious.
- For each High-Risk crop species, please state:
- Whether you perform Quantitative GMO analysis and/or Qualitative GMO analysis.
- Whether you are using Real-Time PCR or End Point PCR for GMO analysis
- Example PCR analysis reports for each High-Risk crop species. For each High Risk crop species your lab is accredited for, please include an example of each of the following:
- Quantitative Analysis report for a sample that has High-Risk species DNA that is sufficiently intact to allow for valid quantitative analysis by PCR.
- Quantitative Analysis report for a sample that has High-Risk species DNA that is NOT sufficiently intact to allow for valid quantitative analysis by PCR. (For example, a report for an oil sample that does not contain DNA sufficiently intact for quantitation.)
- Qualitative Analysis report for a sample that has High-Risk species DNA that is sufficiently intact to allow for valid quantitative analysis by PCR.
- Qualitative Analysis report for a sample that has High-Risk species DNA that is NOT sufficiently intact to allow for valid quantitative analysis by PCR. (For example, a report for an oil sample that does not contain DNA sufficiently intact for quantitation.)
- Guidance that you provide clients/customers on how to read/interpret your test results.
- Written acknowledgement from your laboratory that you will use the following for guidance on sampling and testing for Non-GMO Project verification purposes:
- The Non-GMO Project’s Testing Guidelines
- Real Time PCR Test Tables [PDF]: Non-GMO Project Real-Time PCR Test Table for Quantitative Analysis; and Non-GMO Project Real-Time PCR Test Table for Qualitative Analysis
- A copy of your proficiency test (ring trial) results from the previous 12 months, with your laboratory’s results clearly marked/highlighted. Typical providers for proficiency tests are, for example, FAPAS GeMMA Scheme, International Seed Testing Association (ISTA), GIPSA, and American Oil Chemists’ Society (AOCS).
- Written acknowledgement from your laboratory that you will participate in an annual proficiency test to be conducted by the Non-GMO Project.