Alfalfa, canola, corn, cotton, soy, and sugar beets
Established in Bulgaria in 1995, SGS’s local team provide clients with confidence through its impartiality and expertise.
SGS’s ISO 17025 accredited laboratory in Varna provides GMO testing services across all matrices of seed, grain, livestock feed, and food samples for all relevant Non-GMO Project species and more. It is also approved by, and performs GMO testing for, the official control of products containing GMO for the EU.
Our GMO testing scope includes:
- All EU approved events
- Pending and unauthorized risky events for the EU
- Non-GMO Project genetic elements
- The main commercialized events
Operating under strict guidelines, our GMO testing services include the detection, identification and quantification of specific events using real-time polymerase chain reaction (real-time PCR), based on TaqMan chemistry. This method enables us to identify GMO presence to levels as low as 0.01% in samples.
With state-of-the-art equipment and skilled scientists, our Varna lab has the resources to provide routine GMO analyses in the shortest turnaround times.
- Microbiology – testing for pathogens, spoilage and hygiene indicative microorganisms
- Chemical safety – dioxins, PCBs, pesticides, mycotoxins, heavy metals, allergens etc.
- Labeling – analysis of label and nutritional information for food and feed
- Authenticity – identification of meat species and mixed vegetable oils
At SGS, our services help to ensure the integrity of the food and feed chain from seed development and soil testing through to harvesting and trade inspection at export or import. SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company.
1 William Froude Street,
Varna 9003 Bulgaria
Phone: +359 523 58099