As the Non-GMO Project moves into a stage of active public outreach and education, we’re excited by the support of companies like Guayaki, who are doing everything they can to help spread awareness about GMOs and the Non-GMO Project, including promotion on their label. Guayaki recently enrolled all of their bottled mate products in the Project’s Product Verification Program, and the “Non-GMO Project Verified” Seal will start appearing on labels this fall. In addition, Guayaki has is printing a 2″ x 2″ information panel on their best-selling “Pure Mind” mate, which they hope will lead to greater awareness about the Project’s efforts to secure North American’s right to clearly labeled, indpendently-verified non-GMO food and products. As Guayaki Creative Director Steven Karr said, another perk of being promoted on the “Pure Mind” flavor, besides its popularity, “is that the mate combined with Gingko and Tulsi makes people clear headed, so they’ll really understand your message about clean “clear” food.” We hope so!
- Join the Non-GMO Project in Commenting on USDA’s Proposed Regulation of Genetically Engineered Animals
- Outside The Breadbox Vegan Oat Products Earn Non-GMO Project Verification
- New GMO Alert: Two New Gene-Edited Products in the Market
- New GMOs Created by Synbio Threaten Food Supply
- Sustainable Foods Summit Goes Online