• Calling all artists! By entering the Non-GMO Project’s design contest, your work could be chosen for use on the Non-GMO Project’s official Non-GMO Month t-shirt.
•You may submit artwork or a design (each referred to in these Rules as a “design”) for the Contest, beginning around 2:00 pm (PST) on June 18, 2021 and ending at 11:59:59 pm (PST) on July 23, 2021.
• The judges will be Non-GMO Project staff, who will vote for the winning design on August 1, 2021.
• Designs must be original and fall under one of the two following categories:
-“Butterfly Effect” (i.e., small choices can have big impacts) – Through butterfly-themed artwork, show what the “Butterfly Effect” means to you, and how small actions can lead to a better, more sustainable food system for people and the planet; or
-“Seed & Food Sovereignty” (i.e., images that illustrate seeds and food sovereignty) – Show us art that showcases a food system that is resilient, diverse and inclusive. We invite artwork submissions that illustrate seed and food sovereignty.
• You may submit one design per category, noted above.
•There will be two winning designs. Each Winner will be the person who submits the design that gets the most votes, with one Winner in each category.
• Winners will be notified via email within seven (7) days after the winning designs are chosen.
• Prizes will be delivered within 90 days after the Project receives the Winner Release, subject to the Rules described below.
• Each of the winning designs will be used on one of the Project’s two Non-GMO Month 2021 T-shirts.
• Each Winner will receive the following prizes: one Patagonia/Non-GMO Project Puff Quilt Blanket; one Non-GMO Project Beanie; two Non-GMO Project Patches; one Non-GMO Project 12 oz. Kleen Kanteen Water Bottle; one One Hundred Dollar ($100) Visa Gift Card (to be sent electronically); and one t-shirt printed with the Winner’s design on it.
Each of the two Winners will receive the following prizes:
- One Patagonia/Non-GMO Project Pull Quilt Blanket
- One Non-GMO Project Beanie
- Two Non-GMO Project Patches
- One Non-GMO Project 12 oz. Kleen Kanteen Water Bottle
- One One Hundred Dollar ($100) Visa Gift Card (to be sent electronically)
- One T-Shirt printed with the Winner’s design on it
OFFICIAL RULES AND ENTRY GUIDELINES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
Please carefully read the Rules and Entry Guidelines (the “Rules”) described below before you submit your design.
1. Agreement to Rules. The Non-GMO Project, a 501(c)(3) California nonprofit corporation (the “Project”), is running the “Non-GMO Project Verified” T-Shirt Design Contest (the “Contest”). By participating in the Contest, you, as the contestant (“You”), agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by the Rules set forth below, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the Project’s decisions as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
2. Entry Period and How to Enter. The Contest begins around 2:00 pm (PST) on June 18, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 pm (PST) on July 23, 2021. The Winners (defined below) will be picked on or around August 1, 2021. To participate in the Contest, each contestant, including You, must have a valid email address and online access to https://www.nongmoproject.org/art-contest/. In addition, to enter the Contest You must provide the required information on the entry form, which can be accessed at https://www.nongmoproject.org/art-contest/, and upload no more than one (1) piece of artwork or design (each referred to herein as a “design”) for each of the two Contest categories (described in Section 3 below). The entry form will be available on the first date entries are accepted (i.e., June 18, 2021).
3. Eligibility; Categories; Design Requirements and Restrictions. This Contest is offered only in the United States to legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia), who are 18 years old or older at the time of entry and have Internet access. By entering, you agree to be bound by these Rules and the Project’s decisions, which are final and binding in all respects. This drawing is not open to any of the Project’s or Mudbone Grown, LLC’s directors, officers, members, or employees, or any of their immediate family members (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, ward, daughter, or son) or members of their households (whether or not related). Subject to the above restrictions, the Contest is open to all, professional and amateur, regardless of age, gender, or nationality.
In addition, the Contest is only open to those who submit an original design that falls under one of the following “categories”:
(a) “Butterfly Effect” category. According to the “Butterfly Effect,” small choices can have big impacts. Designs submitted under this category should include butterfly-themed artwork, showing what the “Butterfly Effect” means to You and how small actions can lead to a better, more sustainable food system for people and the planet.
(b) “”Seed & Food Sovereignty” category. Designs submitted under this category should include seed-themed and food sovereignty- themed artwork.
Each contestant may submit no more than one (1) design for each category. Designs that contain offensive material will not be accepted. For this Contest, whether or not material is considered offensive will be determined solely by the Project.
You must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the Rules or any other specifications, as may be set forth by the Project from time to time, may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Project.
The following is a list of submission requirements and restrictions:
(a) Each winning design will appear on the back of a t-shirt, in a size ranging from 6”x6” to 8”x10”; all designs must fit or be able to be fit into the foregoing size range.
(b) Entry is limited to original works that have never been displayed or exhibited, anywhere or on any platform, and to which You, the contestant, hold all applicable rights.
(c) Designs, or designs identical or similar to the designs submitted, that have won prizes in other contests or that have been submitted to other contests currently underway, are not eligible. Any design that is entered in another competition before, during, or after submitting to this Contest will be deemed a design that has been submitted to other contests currently underway.
(d) Each contestant may only submit one (1) design for each category (for a total of two (2) designs, as long as each design is for a different category).
(e) Once submitted, designs will not be returned to any contestant under any circumstances, even if they are later withdrawn.
(f) No submissions will be accepted through any social media account; all submissions must be made through the websites described in Section 2 above.
The following is a list of technical guidelines for each design submitted.
(a) Designs must be limited to no more than four colors when submitted.
(b) File size: up to 10 MB.
(c) Entries must be submitted in .jpg, .png, .pdf, .ai, or .eps format.
(d) If Your design is chosen as the winning design, you must be prepared to submit the original artwork in vector format.
(e) Incomplete, illegible, duplicate, corrupted or untimely entries will be void and disqualified.
(f) The Non-GMO Project reserves the right to make adjustments to the winning design for printing and/or specifications or requirements.
4. Prize and Winner Release: The winners of the Contest (each, a “Winner”) will receive the following prizes: one (1) Patagonia/Non-GMO Project Pull Quilt Blanket; one (1) Non-GMO Project Beanie; two (2) Non-GMO Project Patches; one (1) Non-GMO Project 12 oz. Kleen Kanteen Water Bottle; one (1) One Hundred Dollar ($100) Visa Gift Card (to be sent electronically); and one (1) t-shirt printed with the Winner’s design on it. (Each Winner’s design will be printed on one of the Project’s Non-GMO Month t-shirts, and each Winner will receive a t-shirt with that Winner’s design printed on it.) The combined value of all Prizes to be awarded is about $340.00. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Project. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted, except at the Project’s sole discretion. The prize is non transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by the Winner is permitted. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Project to use the Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. For this Contest, the designs in each category will all rank from greatest to least by how many votes they have by the judges at the Project. An individual can submit up to two (2) designs, one in each category, so there is a chance that one person could end up winning two (2) prizes.
Each Winner must sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility, Release of Liability, and Public Relations Release (“Winner Release”) within seven (7) days after receiving such Winner Release via email.
This Contest is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations; provided that entry into the Contest is void in Puerto Rico and wherever prohibited by law. Any and all other costs, fees, taxes and expenses not explicitly stated herein as being awarded, are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
5. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Selection and Notification:The Winner will be selected by nine (9) employees of the Project (each, a “Judge”), voting in accordance with the guidelines set forth herein. Each Judge will select his or her favorite design in each of the two above-described categories based on such Judge’s evaluation of each design’s creativity in execution and representation of the category for which such design was submitted. The contestant who submits the design receiving the most votes in each category will be a potential Winner, and will be notified by email within seven (7) days following selection of the top two designs. The potential Winners will have seven (7) days from the moment such notification is issued to respond to such notification by following the instructions provided therein. If a potential Winner timely responds to such notification, the Winner will then be sent a Winner Release by email, and must complete, sign and return all required documentation within seven (7) days after issuance. If a potential Winner does not reply to the notification within seven (7) days after its issuance or does not return the signed Winner Release or any other required materials (if applicable) within seven (7) days after their issuance, or the Winner cannot or does not comply with these Rules, the Winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. In the event of noncompliance with the Rules or any of these time periods, an alternate Winner will be selected at the Project’s sole discretion.
You acknowledge and agree that the Project has the right to revise dates and procedures mentioned in these Rules. In addition, the Project shall have no liability for a Winner’s failure to receive any notification or other communication due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or due to Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to timely return a completed and executed Winner Release as required, or otherwise fails to claim the prize within seven (7)days after the award notification is sent via email, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. You further acknowledge and agree that no response shall be given to any inquiries or complaints regarding the judges’ decisions.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (at the Project’s sole discretion) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL WINNER-RELATED PRIVILEGES AND PRIZES WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Rights Granted by You; Representation of Rights: By entering this Contest, You understand and agree that the Project, anyone acting on behalf of the Project, and the Project’s successors and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, Your photo(s), name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and Your biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation or notice to You, or review or consent by You. You understand and agree that if Your design is posted, displayed or otherwise used by the Project, the tone or expressed meaning may not be strictly reproduced according to Your intent.
For the avoidance of doubt, by entering the Contest and/or accepting a prize, You consent to the use of Your name, voice, picture or other likeness for advertising, promotional, commercial and other purposes (including on The Non-GMO Project’s websites), as determined by the Project and its designees without further approval or compensation.
By entering this Contest, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If Your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Project. If the content of your design is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Project and each of its directors, officers, employees, agents, and representatives from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the Project may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
8. Termination or Modification of Contest: If, for any reason beyond the Project’s control, including without limitation, a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, or fraud, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, the Project, at its sole discretion, shall have the right to terminate, cancel, suspend, or modify the Contest and, as set forth in Section 9 below, the Project shall have no liability for any such termination, cancellation, or modification. In such case, the Project may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Project. The Project reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Project’s websites or violates these Rules. You understand and agree that the Project has the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action or inaction necessary to maintain the integrity of the Contest. Any attempt by any contestant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the Project reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Release, Limitation of Liability; No Substitutions: By entering the Contest, You agree to release and hold harmless the Project and its directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, in connection with (i) the Contest, including without limitation, Your participation in the Contest and/or Your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; and/or (vi) any actions, errors, omissions, or operations by, or the Project’s use of the name or logo of, Mudbone Grown, an Oregon LLC, fiscally sponsored by Oregon Food Bank
You understand and agree that all decisions of the Project on all matters relating to this Contest are final. Prizes cannot be exchanged, redeemed for cash or transferred and there are no substitutions. The Project will not be responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, or postage due mail, or for Internet, computer hardware and software, phone, and other technical errors, malfunctions, and delays. IN NO EVENT WILL THE NON-GMO PROJECT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE CONTEST, YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, THE PRIZES, COMMUNICATIONS SENT TO YOU WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTEST, OR YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE https://www.nongmoproject.org/art-contest/ OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OPERATED BY OR AFFILIATED WITH THE NON-GMO PROJECT OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITES.
10. Cheating. You agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Contest and/or prevent others from using the links to the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST VIOLATES CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, THE NON-GMO PROJECT MAY DISQUALIFY ANY CONTESTANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND MAY SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CALIFORNIA STATE WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between You and the Project, and any causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California State having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and You hereby waive all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than Your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. any costs associated with entering this Contest). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Any provision of these Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Rules will remain in effect.
12. By submitting Your design, You have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Rules set forth above.