The Non-GMO Project is currently seeking a part-time Program Assistant to join our mission-drive team. The Non-GMO Project is a non-profit multi-stakeholder collaboration committed to preserving and building sources of non-GMO products, educating consumers, and providing verified non-GMO choices. The Program Assistant will provide administrative and communications support for our Product Verification Program, Supporting Retailer Program, and national Non-GMO Month events.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, energetic and quick to learn. Ability to clearly follow instructions and grasp a substantial amount of complex information is required. Must be content to spend significant time processing data, and comfortable on the phone. Preference will be given to candidates who have a sincere interest in helping to protect the future of the North American food supply.
- Professional experience with administrative tasks such as processing high volumes of email, handling phone calls, and organizing files
- Solid computer literacy, including experience with Microsoft Office and internet research; experience with Adobe Photoshop preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of order and organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience with databases a plus
This is a contract position for 20 hours/week. Hours are split between the Executive Director’s home office (20 minutes from downtown Bellingham, WA) and your own home office. You must have your own laptop, reliable transportation, and high speed internet and landline in your home.
Salary is $12-$15/hour DOE.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.