EUGENE, Ore. (April 29, 2014) – The family owned and operated Springfield Creamery announced today that their legacy brand of Nancy’s Organic Dairy products is now Non-GMO Project Verified through the Non-GMO Project – making the Nancy’s brand one of the few Non-GMO Project Verified organic yogurts with national distribution. Nancy’s Organic Lowfat Kefir and Nancy’s Organic Lowfat Cultured Cottage Cheese are the first Non-GMO Project Verified Kefir and Cottage Cheese currently on the market.
“Folks continue to be concerned about the possibility of GMOs in their foods and we share this concern, which is why we have taken the steps to verify that our Cultured Organic Dairy products do not contain GMO ingredients. The Non-GMO Project verification gives us that extra level of transparency that our customers are looking for,” says co-owner Sheryl Kesey Thompson, of the family-owned and operated Springfield Creamery. “Getting verified is a very thorough process, so we are pleased to be able to share this news with our customers.”
The Non-GMO Project is a non-profit organization offering North America’s only third- party verification and labeling for non-GMO (genetically modified organism) food and products. The verification process is a rigorous program that includes traceability, segregation, and testing at critical control points. Securing Verified status confirms Nancy’s Organic Dairy products are produced in compliance with the Non-GMO Project Standard, meaning that ongoing testing of all GMO risk ingredients, facility inspections, and annual audits take place to ensure that the company is meeting the highest possible standards for GMO avoidance.
The Non-GMO Project now verifies that the following Nancy’s products are Non-GMO Project Verified:
- Nancy’s Organic Whole Milk Yogurt
- Nancy’s Organic Lowfat Yogurt
- Nancy’s Organic Nonfat Yogurt
- Nancy’s Organic Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- Nancy’s Organic Nonfat Probiotic Blackberry Greek Yogurt
- Nancy’s Organic Nonfat Probiotic Blueberry Greek Yogurt
- Nancy’s Organic Nonfat Probiotic Raspberry Greek Yogurt
- Nancy’s Organic Nonfat Probiotic Strawberry Greek Yogurt
- Nancy’s Organic Whole Milk Probiotic Plain Greek Yogurt
- Nancy’s Organic Lowfat Cultured Cottage Cheese
- Nancy’s Organic Lowfat Cultured Cottage Cheese Fruit on Top-Strawberry
- Nancy’s Organic Lowfat Plain Kefir
- Nancy’s Organic Lowfat Blackberry Kefir
- Nancy’s Organic Lowfat Blueberry Kefir
- Nancy’s Organic Lowfat Peach Kefir
- Nancy’s Organic Lowfat Raspberry Kefir
- Nancy’s Organic Lowfat Strawberry Kefir
- Nancy’s Organic Nonfat Fruit on Top Yogurt- Blueberry
- Nancy’s Organic Nonfat Fruit on Top Yogurt-Strawberry
- Nancy’s Organic Nonfat Yogurt Maple
- Nancy’s Organic Nonfat Yogurt Vanilla
Nancy’s has additional products in the process of being verified; please visit here for a full list of the current Nancy’s Non-GMO Project Verified Products.
Long known as probiotic pioneers, Springfield Creamery in Eugene, Oregon is credited as the first U.S. creamery to add beneficial probiotics such as L. acidophilus to yogurt more than 40 years ago – a move that forever changed the cultured dairy industry. Pioneers in the natural foods movement of the 1970s, today, the Kesey family at Springfield Creamery continues their dedication to innovation, as well as furthering their mission to restore the balance in our bodies, our lives, and our culture.
Now with a line of more than 100 cultured dairy and soy products, Springfield Creamery is one of the few family owned and operated creameries in the US, currently spanning three generations of the Kesey family. Still committed to small batch production and doing things the old-fashioned way, all Nancy’s dairy and soy products are free of cane sugars, additives or anything artificial. It’s this commitment to providing the healthiest products to the largest number of people that has earned Springfield Creamery recognition, including Oregon Tilth’s “Organic Producer of The Year” award, Oregon Organic Coalition’s 2010 “Processor of The Year” award, Edible Portland’s 2012 Local Hero Award for Best “Food Artisan,” and Prevention Magazine’s 2014 “Cleanest Package Food Awards.”
Grocery and Natural food stores across the U.S. carry Nancy’s Organic Cultured Soy and other Nancy’s Organic and Natural Cultured Dairy products. For more information about Nancy’s Yogurt or the Springfield Creamery visitwww.nancysyogurt.com. Like Nancy’s Yogurt on Facebook here, and follow @NancysYogurt on Twitter here.
# # #
Photos and samples available upon request
Nancy’s Cultured Dairy and Soy products have been restoring the natural balance in our bodies, in our lives and in our culture since 1960.