Join our team! The Non-GMO Project is located in beautiful Bellingham, Washington. All positions are based in Bellingham, unless otherwise stated. To apply for any of the jobs listed below, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
The Non-GMO Project is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including gender, race, ethnicity, veteran status, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, age, disability or national origin.
The Non-GMO Project is seeking an organized, creative professional to join our team as a full-time Outreach Manager to help us implement our fundraising campaigns.
The Outreach Manager is a critical part of the Outreach team, which focuses on building and growing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders in the food system: from food brands to retailer partners. Developing and executing on our non-profit sponsorship and donations programs requires a relationship-oriented, self-starter who is able to work cross-functionally with internal teams, while establishing and managing a wide range of external stakeholder relationships. This role is accountable for the organization’s sponsorship and donations revenue.
The successful candidate will be big-picture oriented with an ability to also focus on details. Additionally, the candidate will have proven experience in raising funds from individual donors, foundations, sponsorships, and other revenue diversification streams. Must have the ability to coach and develop team members, be proactive and to stay on task with multiple projects, and shifting deadlines. Preference will be given to candidates who have a demonstrated interest in helping to protect the future of the North American food supply.
- Design, develop and execute on sponsorship and donations programs, to meet revenue targets
- Build relationships with supporters, including consumers, retailers, and brands
- Manage sponsorship and fundraising accounts
- Build and manage other revenue diversification streams
- Work cross-functionally to build and promote the Non-GMO Project’s mission and programs
- Represent the Non-GMO Project at industry events
- Report on fundraising activities to leadership team
- Coach, develop and guide the work of the Development team
- Minimum 4 years related professional experience, preferably in a not-for-profit development office
- Experience developing and executing on fundraising programs including databases, i.e., Salsa Labs, a plus
- Bachelor degree required
- Experience managing and reporting on budgets
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to lead a small team
- Ability to interface successfully with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to assess risk and problem solve with diplomacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience tracking and reconciling donation and sponsorship revenue
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Dropbox, Google Drive and other organizational technology (Smartsheets, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and think creatively, combined with a willingness to take direction and be a team player
- Must be able to work on site in Bellingham, WA
- Strong preference will be given to candidates who have a sincere interest in helping to protect the future of the North American food supply
As soon as possible
Health, vision, dental, paid holidays, sick days and vacation
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please include the title of the position you wish to apply for in the subject line. Your cover letter should address your interest in working with the Non-GMO Project and particular skills or strengths you feel would make you a good fit for our team.
Part-Time Research & Survey Intern
The Non-GMO Project is currently seeking a part-time intern to join the Client Services Team to help with primary market research, specifically survey reporting. The Non-GMO Project is a nonprofit organization committed to preserving and building sources of non-GMO products, educating consumers, and providing verified non-GMO choices.
This is a great opportunity to learn how to work in a professional environment and to gain insight on the inner workings of a nonprofit. We value our interns and aspire to give them a learning experience that will be in line with their career goals. We are happy to work with interns in receiving school credit and acknowledgement.
- Mining database for contact information
- Create mailing lists
- Clean contact information
- Create mail merge using electronic survey platform
- Send out the survey
- Compile responses in a report format
Applicants should have a passion for sustainability and a basic understanding of the GMO issue (further education, including recommended reading, are part of the internship). In addition to aligned values, applicants should have;
- Desire and commitment to be a part of a mission-driven organization
- Show leadership and take the initiative to solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid computer literacy, including experience with Microsoft Office and Internet research
- A strong sense of order, organization, and attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently and creatively
- An ability to be flexible and take on a wide range of tasks
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
10-15 hours a week – ideally for one to two quarters
Please note this is an unpaid internship
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position you wish to apply for in the subject line. Your cover letter should address your interest in working with the Non-GMO Project and particular skills or strengths you feel would make you a good fit for our team.