Join our team! The Non-GMO Project is located in beautiful Bellingham, Washington. All positions are based in Bellingham, unless otherwise stated. To apply for any of the jobs listed below, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
The Non-GMO Project is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including gender, race, ethnicity, veteran status, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, age, disability or national origin.
Quality Assurance Coordinator
The Non-GMO Project is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Coordinator to help protect the integrity of the Project’s Standard. The Non-GMO Project is a nonprofit organization committed to preserving and building sources of non-GMO products, educating consumers, and providing verified non-GMO choices. The Quality Assurance Coordinator will report to the Quality Manager in the Standards and Verification department. This position is part of a team responsible for continued development and implementation of assurance programming in the Product Verification Program.
The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and be comfortable working in a mission-driven organization. Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented and enjoy working in small teams.
- Administer all elements of laboratory approval and annual re-approval including ensuring compliance with NGP laboratory requirements, on-boarding new NGP-approved laboratories and serving as the primary contact for day-to-day operations of the laboratory program
- Coordinate procurement and submission of surveillance samples for laboratory testing and track surveillance program expenses
- Periodically measure efficiency of training through audits of data, processes and products.
- Aid in monitoring corrective action plan initiation, progress, resolution
- Utilize database systems to generate reports
- Assist in determining the adequacy of internal systems
- Contribute to team efforts as needed, including completion of clerical tasks.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field
- Approximately 1-3 years of experience with business, quality assurance or technical writing
- Computer literate; experience with database systems
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and follow direction and to stay on task with multiple projects and shifting deadlines and priorities
- A warm, friendly and outgoing demeanor
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team
- Professional experience with organic or other food quality/safety standards
- Professional experience with new program development
A combination of training, experience, and education that provides required knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the duties of the position may be accepted.
Full time, Hourly
Health, vision, dental, paid holidays, sick days and vacation
How to apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please include the title of the position you wish to apply for in the subject line.
Part-Time Research & Survey Intern
The Non-GMO Project is currently seeking a part-time intern to join the Client Services Team to help with primary market research, specifically survey reporting. The Non-GMO Project is a nonprofit organization committed to preserving and building sources of non-GMO products, educating consumers, and providing verified non-GMO choices.
This is a great opportunity to learn how to work in a professional environment and to gain insight on the inner workings of a nonprofit. We value our interns and aspire to give them a learning experience that will be in line with their career goals. We are happy to work with interns in receiving school credit and acknowledgement.
- Mining database for contact information
- Create mailing lists
- Clean contact information
- Create mail merge using electronic survey platform
- Send out the survey
- Compile responses in a report format
Applicants should have a passion for sustainability and a basic understanding of the GMO issue (further education, including recommended reading, are part of the internship). In addition to aligned values, applicants should have;
- Desire and commitment to be a part of a mission-driven organization
- Show leadership and take the initiative to solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid computer literacy, including experience with Microsoft Office and Internet research
- A strong sense of order, organization, and attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently and creatively
- An ability to be flexible and take on a wide range of tasks
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
10-15 hours a week – ideally for one to two quarters
Please note this is an unpaid internship
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position you wish to apply for in the subject line. Your cover letter should address your interest in working with the Non-GMO Project and particular skills or strengths you feel would make you a good fit for our team.