July 16, 2013
Boulder, Colo. – Glutino, a trusted pioneer and leader in convenient gluten-free living for more than 30 years, is pleased to announce the recent Non-GMO Project Verification of 12 products by the Non-GMO Project, the only independent verification process for GMO avoidance in North America. Through this verification, Glutino continues to provide consumers the power to make informed decisions based on their dietary preferences.
“We’re thrilled to add the Non-GMO Project Verified seal to these products,” said Laura Kuykendall, director of marketing for Glutino. “Glutino is committed to the non-GMO effort, which has increasingly become more important to consumers.”
The recent verification includes:
- Glutino® Gluten-free Apple Breakfast Bars
- Glutino® Gluten-free Blueberry Breakfast Bars
- Glutino® Gluten-free Cherry Breakfast Bars
- Glutino® Gluten-free Strawberry Breakfast Bars
- Gluten Free Pantry® All-Purpose Flour
- Gluten Free Pantry® Brown Rice Pancake & Waffle Mix
- Gluten Free Pantry® Chocolate Chip Cookie & Cake Mix
- Gluten Free Pantry® Chocolate Truffle Brownie Mix
- Gluten Free Pantry® Decadent Chocolate Cake Mix
- Gluten Free Pantry® Muffin & Scone Mix
- Gluten Free Pantry® Old Fashioned Cake & Cookie Mix
- Gluten Free Pantry® Perfect Pie Crust
According to the Non-GMO Project, GMOs, or “genetically modified organisms,” are plants or animals created through the gene splicing techniques of biotechnology (also called genetic engineering). Certification by the Non-GMO Project ensures that the products have been produced according to consensus-based best practices for GMO avoidance.
Glutino and Boulder Brands are strong advocates of the non-GMO movement, supporting Proposition 37 in California and the Non-GMO Labeling Initiative, I-522, in Washington State.
About Glutino Food Group
Since 1983, Glutino Food Group has been a trusted pioneer and leader in the gluten-free category. Glutino Food Group offers a wide variety of great-tasting, gluten-free foods consumers can trust. Products are available in the US and Canada at local supermarkets, natural and organic retailers and on www.glutenfree.com. For more information on Glutino Food Group, visit www.Glutino.com. Glutino Food Group, a division of GFA Brands, Inc., is affiliated with Boulder Brands, Inc.
About Boulder Brands, Inc.
Boulder Brands, Inc. (Nasdaq:BDBD) is committed to providing superior tasting, solution-driven products. The company’s health and wellness platform consists of brands that target specific consumer needs: Glutino and Udi’s for gluten-free diets; Earth Balance for plant-based diets; Smart Balance for heart healthier diets; and Bestlife for weight management. For more information about Boulder Brands, Inc., please visit www.boulderbrands.com.]