December 13, 2011
Silver Hills Bakery Stuffing Recipe
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 50 mins
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for baking dish
- 2 large yellow onions, diced small
- 3 celery stalks, diced medium (about 2 cups)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 10 ounces cremini or button mushrooms, diced small
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 loaf of Silver Hills sprouted bread cut into 3/4-inch pieces (8 cups) and left uncovered overnight or toasted
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups low-sodium or homemade chicken or turkey broth
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add onions and celery; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, 5 to 7 minutes; transfer to a large bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil, mushrooms, and sage to skillet; season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are browned, 5 minutes.
- Add wine and cook, stirring and scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon, until wine is almost evaporated.
- Transfer to bowl with vegetables; add walnuts, Silver Hills bread, and enough broth to moisten (stuffing should feel moist but not soggy).
- Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Spoon stuffing into a lightly oiled 2-quart baking dish. (To store, cover and refrigerate, up to 1 day.) Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with rack in upper third. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown on top, 30 minutes.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe